National Professional Qualifications (NPQs)
Empowering you to excel as a teacher and a school leader
The National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) are designed to support the professional development of teachers and school leaders at all levels and stages of their career. They are perfect if you are looking to improve your skills and knowledge in your current role, take the next step in your teaching career, move into a leadership role or develop the skills and knowledge in specialist areas of teaching practice.
What are the benefits of studying an NPQ?
- NPQs are FREE for state-funded schools!
- Designed for immediate impact and will provide you with the skills and knowledge to improve your teaching and leadership.
- Hone your leadership skills. Unlock the confidence and skills to implement initiatives that will generate lasting positive change in your setting.
- They are flexible and built to fit-in around your timetable with a focus on accessible bite-sized online learning.
- Nationally recognised qualifications which support your professional development.
- Harness the power of CPD. Champion quality teaching and reflect on your own practice, to elevate outcomes for your pupils and your own effectiveness as a leader.
- Boost teacher retention. With a culture of continuous improvement in place, your investment in professional development will be pivotal in supporting, nurturing and retaining teaching talent.
- Develop evidence-based strategies, enabling you to make informed decisions and lead with confidence.
*Terms and conditions apply, see the DfE website for more information.
What NPQs can I study?
We have joined with our partners at Education Development Trust to deliver the two suites of NPQs. The specialist suite is for teachers or leaders who would like to increase their knowledge and skills in a specialist area. The leadership suite is for anyone currently working in leadership or aspiring leaders.
- Leading Behaviour and Culture (NPQLBC)
- Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD)
- Leading Teaching (NPQLT)
- Leading Literacy (NPQLL)
- Leading Primary Maths (NPQLPM)
- Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
- Headship (NPQH)
- Executive Leadership (NPQEL)
- Early Years Leadership (NPQEYL)*
*This course is also fully funded and available to anyone employed in a:
- Maintained nursery school in England
- Preschool class that’s part of a school in England.
- Nursery that is registered on the Ofsted Early Years Register.
- Childminder and registered on the Ofsted Early Years Register or with a registered Childminder Agency.
How long does the course last?
Courses last between 12 and 18 months, depending on your chosen NPQ.
How to apply?
Visit our how to apply page for further details.
Read more about the NPQs in our brochure below.