Telephone: 01709 828183
Address: St Bernard's RC High School, Herringthorpe Valley Road, Rotherham, S65 3BE
Click to view website
The Sheffield SCITT
Training Provider Code: 29P
Click to view course codes »
St. Bernard’s Catholic High School is a School Direct Lead with an Outstanding Ofsted grading. They are centered in a partnership of primary and secondary schools working in collaboration to provide the very best teaching to students within our local communities and beyond.
There are many school based ITT programmes to select from. St Bernard’s is different and they are proud of our uniqueness. As a small school, they are passionate about training the next generation of teachers. Their staff are enthused and fully equipped to share their extensive experience, knowledge and skills to develop the very best teachers of the future. St Bernard’s is a welcoming and friendly environment where all their trainees say they feel safe to learn, reflect and improve.
Specific highlights to training with us (both Primary or Secondary route) include:
- 100% of their ITTs complete their training on at least ‘good’.
- 100% of their ITTs secure jobs for their NQT year.
- Immediate immersion into school life – becoming an active member of their school, experiencing a range of classroom settings and building lasting relationships with colleagues and students.
- A focused training plan, designed by current practitioners.
- Experienced mentors who will meet weekly with you to provide supportive reflection on your progress.
- A commitment to mentoring you within the highest of Professional Standards required for Outstanding teachers.
- Weekly ‘hub’ meetings where you will undertake specific training and spend invaluable time with other ITTs to share experiences, ideas and support.