Established as a Teaching School in 2011, the Hallam Teaching School Alliance has grown beyond its initial base at Notre Dame High School in Sheffield to work with schools across South Yorkshire and the wider region.
Hallam Teaching School believes that recruiting, training and developing great teachers is the best form of school improvement.
Hallam Teaching School runs two of the Curriculum Hubs for our region as well as being the second largest provider of Initial Teacher Training in South Yorkshire. All of their activity is rooted in the evidence base – with Notre Dame High School holding the designation of the Sheffield Associate Research School.
- The Sheffield SCITT: providing expert Initial Teacher Training across South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire.
- The South Yorkshire Maths Hub: one of a network of 40 hubs, each locally led by an outstanding school or college, to develop and spread excellent practice, for the benefit of all pupils and students.
- The Science Learning Partnership: working with STEM Learning across South and East Yorkshire to provide CPD and support to science teachers and leaders.
- The Sheffield Associate Research School: acting as an ‘arm’ of Huntington Research School in York, The Sheffield Associate Research School is part of the Education Endowment Foundation-funded national Research Schools Network. The Sheffield Associate Research School provides CPD to support leaders and teachers develop evidence-informed policy and practice.
- EdTechSheff: working with King Ecgbert secondary school in Sheffield as the official Department for Education EdTech Demonstrator School for our region.
Telephone: 0114 230 2536
Click to view website