Teaching Assistants x 2 posts
Permanent posts, following successful 6 month probation
Whiston Junior and Infant school is part of White Woods Primary Academy Trust; we are a one form entry school, in the heart of Whiston. We have a hard-working, creative and curious staff, which is committed to providing a 21st century education for all our pupils, and as such we support opportunities for their professional growth.
We are looking to appoint two caring, well-qualified, experienced, enthusiastic and proactive people to join our team. The successful applicants must have high expectations for pupils’ educational, social and emotional development and be committed ‘to go that extra mile’ to support us to drive school improvements to benefit all our children. The specific key stage and year group to be determined on the skill set and experience of the successful candidates. However this may change annually and within the year if necessary. Our SLT and SENDCO will monitor and assess the needs of individual
children and class dynamics to best place the skill set of all our additional staff.
- Knowledge and experience of working and supporting children in a primary classroom
- Excellent skills and experience of teaching phonics (Letters and Sounds), early reading and early writing
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent classroom practice with the ability to enthuse and motivate groups of children to ensure progress
- Excellent IT skills
- Assist in the development of individual and group plans and resources including SEND
- A commitment to a high quality learning experience for all
- A genuine desire to improve the life-chances of all children
- The ability to work as part of a highly effective and inspirational team
- Level 2 NVQ qualification or equivalent
In return we offer the opportunity to help shape and influence our planning for the continued and future successes of the school.
Relevant training will be provided for the successful candidate as necessary. A willingness to engage and participate with other relevant training and research is essential.
Closing date for applications is Midday, 21st June 2021
For more information visit the Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council website