Teaching Assistant x4
Start date: September 2021– permanent
Post A Based @ Horizon School Barnsley X 3
Post B Based @ Main Site – Kimberworth X1
Please specify which position you wish to be considered for on your application.
Are you ready for your next challenge? Can you teach and deliver creatively? Are you passionate about making a real difference to pupils with SEND? Take a leap and become part of #teamabbey
Abbey School is a school for young people with SEND. We are a small school based in Kimberworth, with a Post 16 provision in Rotherham Town Centre and also provision at Horizon in Barnsley. We currently have 186 pupils aged from reception to post 16 on roll currently. The school has a strong ethos on inspiring youngsters to learn, believing that they are able to overcome any barriers and achieving their absolute full potential.
For the position at Horizon School at Barnsley this means that you will work within the small Abbey setting there but also take children into the mainstream lessons where appropriate as well as visit the main site in Kimberworth.
Do you have:
- Experience of supporting children with special educational needs and challenging behaviour
- The skills to place pupil learning at the centre of all your practice.
- The ability to make sound judgements on attainment & progress of students, assess and celebrate in their success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to enthuse and motivate others
- Experience of delivering a diverse package of learning & pastoral support to pupils.
- Ability to set appropriate and challenging targets for yourself and others
- Ability to make and take decisions both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to contribute to and share quality practice with other TA’s, teachers and the team.
- Commitment to partnership between staff, parents and students
- Grade C or above in both English & Maths GCSE or equivalent
Closing date for applications is 10.00am, 1st July 2021.
For more information visit the Abbey School website.