Teaching Assistant (X2 Posts)
Start date: As soon as possible– permanent
- Post A Based @ Horizon School Barnsley x 1 (you will work within the small Abbey Hub at Barnsley but also take children into the mainstream lessons where appropriate as well as visit the main site in Kimberworth)
- Post B Based @ Main Site – Kimberworth x 1
Please specify which position you wish to be considered for on your application.
Abbey School is a school for children and young people with SEND. They are a special school based in Kimberworth with a Post 16 provision based in Rotherham town centre and a satellite provision at Horizon Community College in Barnsley.
Do you have:
- Experience of supporting children with special educational needs and challenging behaviour
- The skills to place pupil learning at the centre of all your practice.
- The ability to make sound judgements on attainment & progress of students, assess and celebrate in their success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to enthuse and motivate others
- Experience of delivering a diverse package of learning & pastoral support to pupils.
- Ability to set appropriate and challenging targets for yourself and others
- Ability to make and take decisions both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to contribute to and share quality practice with other TA’s, teachers and the team.
- Commitment to partnership between staff, parents and students
- Grade C or above in both English & Maths GCSE or equivalent
Closing date for applications is 10am, 2nd September 2021.
For more information visit the Rotherham Council website.