Teaching Assistant (x2)
Are you ready for your next challenge? Can you teach and deliver creatively? Are you passionate about making a real difference to pupils with SEND? Are you nurturing, inclusive, empowering, caring, passionate, enriching, encouraging, child-centered and family focused? Are you ready to inspire the next generation of young minds? Are you a relentless children’s champion? Take a leap and become part of the Discovery Team of Dreamers, Believers and Achievers.
Discovery Academy is a brand-new school for children and young people with SEND located on the Norfolk Park Estate in Sheffield. The Academy is run by the award-winning Nexus Multi Academy Trust.
Discovery Academy are looking to appoint highly professional and efficient Teaching Assistants.
You will need to demonstrate that you:
• Have GCSE Grade C or above in Mathematics or English or equivalent qualification
• Have experience of supporting children with special educational needs and challenging behaviour including Autism in a mainstream, resource base or special school setting
• Have the skills to place pupil learning at the centre of all your practice.
• Have the ability to make sound judgements on attainment & progress of students, assess and celebrate in their success.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to enthuse and motivate others
• Have experience of delivering a diverse package of learning & pastoral support to pupils.
• Have the ability to set appropriate and challenging targets for yourself and others
• Have the ability to make and take decisions both individually and as part of a team.
• Have the ability to contribute to and share quality practice with other TA’s, teachers and the team.
• Have the commitment to partnership between staff, parents and students
• Are committed to supporting the aims of the academy.
Closing date for applications is 4th December 2022
For more information, please visit the Sheffield City Council website.