Teaching Assistant Levels 1/2/3
Sheffield Springs Academy are seeking to appoint a team of experienced Teaching Assistants to build capacity within their existing team at Sheffield Springs Academy. This post will be based around one to one in class support for a student working at level 2. They are looking to recruit someone with a child centred approach and excellent people skills to support students effectively in order for them to fully participate in learning. Experience of supporting students with SEN and/or complex learning needs would be advantageous for this role. Main duties will include:
- To establish rapport and respectful, trusting relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- To supervise and provide dedicated support for students, particularly those with SEN, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- To provide feedback to students in relation to progress and achievement, under the guidance of the teacher, in line with School Policy.
- To assist the teacher with preparation of teaching and learning materials and resources.
- To undertake structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, being aware of learning style and adjusting activities according to students’ responses/needs.
Closing date for applications is the 14th October 2021, at 10am!
For further information, visit the Sheffield City Council Website!