Teaching Assistant (Level 3) – Social Interaction & Communication
ACET is a forward thinking and rapidly developing multi-academy trust, and they are seeking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic Level 3 Teaching Assistant at Aston Academy. Applications are particularly welcome from individuals with experience of working with students Social Interaction & Communication difficulties include those who maybe on neurodevelopmental assessment pathway, within KS3 and KS4 (age 11 – 16). Experience of working within KS2 is not essential but desirable. The successful candidate will plan, prepare and deliver learning activities for individuals or groups, or short term for whole classes, and will monitor, assess, record and report on students’ progress, achievement and development.
The Level 3 Teaching Assistant will have experience of:
- Providing support to students, including those with Social Interaction and Communication needs.
- Being able to work alongside the SENDCo and Inclusion Manager to plan and deliver innovative and appropriate learning activities
- Establishing productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Supporting children consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
- Within agreed systems of supervision, Planning and teaching high quality learning activities designed to promote accelerated progress, address misconceptions and consolidate learning.
- Recording progress and achievement systematically, and provide evidence of range and level of progress and attainment
- Liaising with parents to support with students learning, and contribute to/lead meetings with parents to provide constructive feedback
- Modelling and promoting positive values, attitudes and behaviour
- Having a willingness to be fully involved in the life of the academy
Closing date for applications is 25th April 2022, at 9am!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, click here to visit the TES website, searching for Rotherham.