Teaching Assistant Level 3 Autism Resource
Waverley Junior Academy is a brand new academy at the heart of the Waverley community, which opened in September 2020. We are committed to making a real difference to the lives of our young people and providing outstanding learning and enrichment opportunities for them throughout their time with us. To be able to achieve this, we need to have a team of dedicated and outstanding staff, who will contribute to our exceptional learning community.
They are seeking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic Level 3 Teaching Assistant, who will work with colleagues to support the learning and teaching of children in Waverley Junior Academy, specifically within our Autism Resource. The post-holder will support access to learning for pupils by assisting the teacher, including the management and preparation of resources, implementing agreed work programmes both within and outside of the classroom, assisting with the whole planning cycle, and providing general support in the classroom. The Level 3 Teaching Assistant may use their detailed and specialist knowledge in particular areas to support individual or groups of pupils. S/he may also supervise whole classes for short periods of time.
This role may be attractive to those who have attained a relevant level 3 qualification, and ideally, the successful candidate will have experience of working with children with autism (although this is not essential).
- Under the guidance of others the Level 3 Teaching Assistant will:
- Support the teacher by assisting with lesson plans and evaluating/adjusting lesson/work plans as appropriate
- Supervise and support pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning, including pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
- Establish good relationships with pupils, providing relevant pastoral support, and acting as a role model and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- Monitor, evaluate and record pupil progress and response to learning activities through observation
- Encourage pupils to interact and work cooperatively with others and to engage in all activities
- Support pupils consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs; promoting independence and employing strategies to recognise and reward.
- Provide appropriate feedback to pupils relating to their progress and achievement.
- Work alongside the Inclusion Team and model good practice.
- Supervise whole classes as required.
The role is based at Waverley Junior Academy but may, on occasion, involve working at other academies within the trust.
Closing date for applications is 9.00an, 21st June 2021.
For more information visit the Waverley Junior Academy website.