Teaching Assistant – Level 3
Brightside Nursery Infant School is dedicated to providing high quality education and has earned a place in the heart of generations of children and families. We are an inclusive, caring and happy school with a very positive ethos and atmosphere. We have high expectations, a passion for learning and a proven track record of supporting all children successfully to maximise their full potential.
‘Pupils make outstanding progress in this vibrant and happy school and leave Year 2 with above average levels of attainment.’ (OFSTED June 2013)
An opportunity has arisen for us to appoint an enthusiastic, creative and engaging level 3 teaching assistant to our team. The successful applicant will be available to join us from September 2021 for 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year.
The post will be temporary for one year in the first instance and will commence from September 2021.
The successful candidate will join a strong team of teachers and teaching assistants to support the teaching and learning of the whole class, groups and individuals. He / she will:
- have high expectations for themselves, others and all aspects of school life
- be committed to inclusion, working with parents and the community
- have the ability to build on existing success and high standards
- be able to communicate clearly and work closely with team members to plan and prepare learning provision
- have very good standard of English and maths
- have experience of working with children with the early years or primary age range
The TA will have responsibilities which will include supporting children with special educational needs to:
- learn as effectively as possible on their own and in both class and group situations
- interact with others in an appropriate and acceptable manner
- develop social skills both in and out of the classroom
Closing date for applications is 16th June 2021
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website