Teaching Assistant (Level 3)
Thurcroft Junior Academy are seeking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic Level 3 Teaching Assistant. Applications are particularly welcome from individuals with experience of working with KS2 aged children (age 7 – 11), although this is not essential as full relevant training will be provided. The successful candidate will plan, prepare and deliver learning activities for individuals or groups, or short term for whole classes, and will monitor, assess, record and report on pupils’ progress, achievement and development. The Level 3 Teaching Assistant will have experience of:
- Establishing productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Supporting children consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
- Teaching whole classes short term as and when required.
- Within agreed systems of supervision, Planning and teaching high quality learning activities designed to promote accelerated progress, address misconceptions and consolidate learning.
- Recording progress and achievement systematically, and provide evidence of range and level of progress and attainment
- Liaising with parents to support with pupils’ learning, and contribute to/lead meetings with parents to provide constructive feedback
- Modelling and promoting positive values, attitudes and behaviour
- Having a willingness to be fully involved in the life of the academy
Closing date for applications is the 24th September 2021!
For more information visit the Tes website for Rotherham.