Teaching Assistant Level 3
Oasis Academy Don Valley are looking to employ a Level 3 Teaching Assistant to work under the guidance of designated teaching/senior staff to undertake work/care/support programmes, to enable access to learning for children and to assist the teacher in the management of children and the classroom. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area under the guidance of teaching staff.
The main roles of the job include providing support for both children and staff in a variety of formats, and these include:
Support for Children
- Establish rapport and respectful, trusting relationships with children, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- Supervise and provide particular support for children, including those with special needs, ensuring their access to learning resources.
- Ensure children’s safety, welfare and personal hygiene. (Basic First aid to be included where appropriate).
Support for Teachers
- Promote good children behaviour
- Assist the teacher with the preparation of teaching and learning materials and resources.
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities / programmes, being aware of children learning styles. Adjust activities according to children responses / needs.
- Provide detailed feedback to teachers on children’s achievement, progress, problems etc. as requested.
- Assist with the collation of children reports as requested by the teacher. This may involve data input.
- Support the effective use of ICT in learning activities and develop children’s competence and independence in its use.
- Maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans.
In addition to these roles, there will also be an element of support needed for the school, such as following the school’s ethos. For further information on the roles of this job, as well as how to apply, visit the Tes Website.
Closing date for applications is the 20th August 2021!