Teaching Assistant Level 2 (Special)
Talbot Specialist School is looking to recruit 8x Permanent Teaching Assistants (Special) Level 2. Talbot Specialist School is situated in the south of the city and provides education for students with cognition and learning difficulties – including emotional, behavioural needs, profound and complex learning difficulties and pupils within the autistic spectrum. Talbot is co-located with Newfield Secondary School, and works closely with them to actively seek out opportunities to promote inclusion across the curriculum for all its young people.
In 2016 Talbot established FUSION Teaching School Alliance.
The governors will appoint those who have:
- relevant qualifications or experience in SEN
- experience of working with young people with Severe and Complex Learning Difficulties and or ASD.
- training in relevant learning/behaviour strategies eg SEN, Team Teach, Positive Handling
- first aid training/training as appropriate
Candidates should be willing to take responsibility for basic care and hygiene as part of their duties to ensure that students are able to gain full access to the curriculum. This includes meeting personal care needs and feeding.
In addition, candidates will need to demonstrate the following key competencies:
- good communication and interpersonal skills
- the ability to work with other agencies as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Undertaking training in the following areas will be a requirement: Moving and Handling, Makaton Signing and Team Teach (Positive Handling Techniques).
The selection process involves shortlisting candidates through the matching of information from the application form and accompanying letter/statement to the person specification.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 30th April 2021
For more information, or to apply, please visit Sheffield City Council’s website.