Teaching Assistant Level 2 (SEN)
Cascade Multi Academy Trust is seeking a Teaching Assistant, Level 2 to join the Trust, the successful person will initially be based at Beck Primary School.
The role is based at Beck Primary School which has an experienced, inspirational and forward-thinking senior leadership team. Beck is an exciting place to work. The children are keen to learn and behave well. We offer opportunity for rapid career development within a supportive team
The Post: As part of our recovery plan following the periods of lockdown, we are looking to recruit a Level 2 Teaching Assistant who has experience of working with children with special educational needs to make good progress in a mainstream setting. The successful candidate will work with our established SEN team to support children in a nurturing and caring environment to develop their speech, language and communication. This will be achieved through small-group and 1:1 interventions with children in KS1 and 2.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to undertake specialist teaching on a 1:1 and small group basis
- Have experience of a range of interventions and approaches that support children to develop their speech, language and communication.
- Be a motivational communicator for children of all abilities ensuring learning is engaging and inclusive
- Be able to work effectively within the team to ensure there are high quality and effective learning opportunities for all children.
- Be expected to work closely with our multi-disciplinary teams
- Have previous experience of working within an inclusive team
- Work closely within the school team and contribute to the school community
- Have a passion for working with pupils with a variety of needs and the inclusion agenda to ensure that all can access learning and make good progress
- Have a commitment to an integrated, therapeutic approach and ethos
- Be very flexible and adapt quickly to change
Closing date for applications is 4pm, 11th June 2021
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website