Teaching Assistant Level 2 Autism Resource
Waverley Junior Academy is a brand new academy that opened in September 2020, which is at the heart of the Waverley community. We are committed to making a real difference to the lives of our young people and will provide outstanding learning and enrichment opportunities for them throughout their time with us. To be able to achieve this, we need to have a team of dedicated and outstanding staff, who will contribute to our exceptional learning community.
They are seeking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic Level 2 Teaching Assistant, who will work with colleagues to support the learning and teaching of children in Waverley Junior Academy, specifically with regard to our Autism Resource. The post-holder will support access to learning for pupils by assisting the teacher, including the preparation of resources, implementing agreed work programmes both within and outside of the classroom, and provide general support in the classroom and within the Autism Resource.
This role may be attractive to those who have attained a relevant level 2 qualification, or who may already be working as a Level 1 Teaching Assistant. Ideally the successful candidate will have experience of working with children with autism although this is not essential.
Under the guidance of others the Level 2 Teaching Assistant will:
- Support the teacher to establish an appropriate learning environment in accordance with lesson plans
- Supervise and support pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning, including pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
- Establish good relationships with pupils, providing relevant pastoral support, and acting as a role model and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- Monitor and record pupil progress and response to learning activities through observation
- Encourage pupils to interact and work cooperatively with others and to engage in all activities
- Support pupils consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs; promoting independence and employing strategies to recognise and reward.
- Provide appropriate feedback to pupils relating to their progress and achievement.
- Work alongside the Inclusion Team and model good practice.
Closing date for applications is 9.00am, 21st June 2021.
For more information visit the Waverley Junior Academy website.