Teaching Assistant (Level 2)
Pathways E-ACT Academy are searching for an exceptional Level 2 Teaching Assistant who will implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities according to pupils’ responses as appropriate.
The purpose of this role is to work with teachers to support teaching and learning by working with individuals or small groups of pupils under the direction of teaching staff. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area and the post holder may be responsible for some learning activities within the overall teaching plan
Reporting to the HLTA or SLT link, this post holder will be accountable for:
• Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
• Assist with the implementation of individual Education/Behaviour plans and Personal Care programs as agreed with the teacher.
• Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate.
• Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work.
• Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher.
• Use strategies, under the supervision and guidance of the teacher, to support pupils to achieve learning goals.
• Support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher
• Responsible for the Health and Safety, security and welfare of self and colleagues in accordance with E-ACT’s policies and procedures, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Responsible for working in accordance with E-ACT’s policy relating to the promotion of Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
Closing date for applications is 21st November 2022.
For more information, please visit the Sheffield City Council website.