Teaching Assistant Level 2
St Wilfrid’s Primary School is set in the South-West of Sheffield, situated just three miles from both the city centre and the Peak District national park. The school is set in extensive grounds with large playing fields and woodland, which provides an excellent learning environment. Check out their website for more information about the school.
They are committed to safeguarding and protecting their children and young people at St Wilfrid’s Primary School. All posts are subject to a safer recruitment process which includes enhanced criminal records and barring checks, scrutiny of employment history, robust referencing and other vetting checks.
Their safeguarding system is underpinned by a range of policies and procedures which encourage and promote safe working practice across St Wilfrid’s Primary School. On joining you will required to undergo continuous professional development to maintain safe working practice and to safeguard their children and young people.
They will offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to work in a school with a strong Catholic ethos.
- An opportunity to work on a one-to-one support basis with children with autism/social communication needs
- Wonderful children who enjoy learning at their school.
- Talented, supportive and innovative staff.
- High quality opportunities to develop professionally through their high impact CPD programme.
- Career progression through an individual development programme.
- Unique opportunities through their partnership with Learning Unlimited TSA.
The Governors are looking for an ambitious teaching assistant who will:
- Fully support the Catholic ethos of the school.
- Put the children’s needs before their own.
- Be highly motivated and self-driven.
- Help children develop the ability to become reflective, creative and resilient learners.
- Be able to work one to one with children with autism/social communication needs.
- Fully engage with professional development opportunities.
- Be first aid trained (or willing to go on the relevant training)
- Be prepared to give whatever it takes to ensure that all children achieve.
Closing date for applications: 11th June 2021
For more information please visit Sheffield City Council’s website.