Teaching Assistant Level 2
Lydgate Junior School are looking for two people who love working in a school environment, who want to help children enjoy learning and who have a clear idea of what it takes to be a really effective Teaching Assistant. They are looking to appoint people with the skills, enthusiasm, expertise and experience necessary to enhance the quality and capacity of their provision. They are particularity keen to employ someone with successful experience of helping children close gaps in their learning. Successful experience of managing challenging behaviour in the classroom is also desirable.
Lydgate Junior School is a fabulous school with a great reputation. They support the Rights Respecting Schools programme. The school is oversubscribed because of its atmosphere, the children’s attitude to learning and their behaviour, and its reputation for high standards. As an inclusive school their children have a vast range of interests, skills and additional needs. They work in strong teams that support colleagues and provide opportunities to develop and enjoy specialisms.
They require two Level 2 Teaching Assistants from September 2021, working 32 hrs per week to start in September. The successful candidates will:
- Have a diverse set of skills which will enable them to be flexible while working in the classroom
- Have good organisational and interpersonal skills that motivate and inspire children to achieve their very best
- Be fully responsive to the day to day issues in school
- Be committed to raising standards and developing the best education for all their pupils
- Have the experience of supporting both individuals and groups of learners
- Be resilient, determined and focused on pupil progress.
Closing date for applications: 4th June 2021
For more information please visit Sheffield City Council’s website.