Teaching Assistant level 2
The children, staff and Governors of Coit Primary School are seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic, experienced, committed and caring teaching assistant to work 1 to 1 and with small groups. This would be a significant opportunity to become part of our one form entry “Outstanding” primary school – judged by Ofsted December 2016 for the right candidate. Coit is an outward facing school, with senior leaders supporting children across the Locality in a range of ways. Coit Primary School is federated with Ecclesfield Primary (Ofsted Good March 2019) and thus there are many opportunities to work alongside staff at both schools.
They are looking to appoint a L2 Teaching Assistant to support access to learning for pupils and provide individual support for pupils in 1 to 1 or small group settings.
- Have experience and knowledge of children with learning, emotional, behavioural and social difficulties
- Have very good communication skills both written and verbal
- Be resilient and solution focussed
- Have experience of working with children with SEN
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be willing to work as a team player or on their own initiative
- Have gained an NVQ Level 2 qualification for classroom assistants or equivalent as a minimum requirement
- Have very good Maths and English skills
- Have experience of delivering all phonics phases
- Be an excellent, innovative support with a commitment to promoting high standards
- Have a willingness to undertake training
- Have a sense of humour
Closing date for applications is 9am, 16th July 2021.
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website.