Teaching Assistant Level 1 (Special)
Governors of Talbot Specialist School would like to invite applications for the above posts which start in January 2022. Talbot Specialist School is situated in the South of the city and provides education for students with cognition and learning difficulties – including emotional, behavioural needs, profound and complex learning difficulties and pupils within the autistic spectrum. Talbot is co-located with Newfield Secondary School, and works closely with them to actively seek out opportunities to promote inclusion across the curriculum for all its young people. The governors will appoint those who have:
- Relevant qualifications or experience in SEN
- Experience of working with young people with Severe and Complex Learning Difficulties and / or ASD.
- Training in relevant learning/behaviour strategies e.g. SEN, Team Teach, Positive Handling
- First Aid Training/Training as appropriate
- Candidates should be willing to take responsibility for basic care and hygiene as part of their duties in order to ensure that the students are able to gain full access to the curriculum. This includes meeting personal care needs and feeding.
In addition, candidates will need to demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- The ability to work with other agencies as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Undertaking training in the following areas will be a requirement; Moving and Handling, Makaton Signing and Team Teach (Positive Handling Techniques).
- The selection process involves shortlisting candidates through the matching of information from the application form and accompanying letter/statement to the person specification.
Closing date for applications is Monday 18th April 2022!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, click here to visit the Sheffield City Council website!