Teaching Assistant Level 1 (Special) x 4
The governors of Talbot Specialist school are looking to appoint Level 1 teaching assistants to work with students who have cognitive and learning difficulties. The governors will appoint those who have:
- Relevant qualifications or experience in SEN
- Experience of working with young people with Severe and Complex Learning Difficulties and / or ASD.
- Training in relevant learning/behaviour strategies e.g. SEN, Team Teach, Positive Handling
- First Aid Training/Training as appropriate
Candidates should be willing to take responsibility for basic care and hygiene as part of their duties in order to ensure that the students are able to gain full access to the curriculum. This includes meeting personal care needs and feeding.
In addition, candidates will need to demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- The ability to work with other agencies as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Undertaking training in the following areas will be a requirement; Moving and Handling, Makaton Signing and Team Teach (Positive Handling Techniques).
Closing date for applications is the 24th November 2021!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, visit the Sheffield Council website.