Teaching Assistant – Level 1 (Early Years / Foundation Stage)
Waverley Junior Academy are seeking to appoint ambitious and enthusiastic Level 1 Teaching Assistants, who will work with colleagues to support the learning and teaching of children in the school. The post-holder will, with guidance from the teacher and other colleagues, support access to learning for pupils and general support in the classroom. This role may be attractive to those who may already have experience of / or working with children in any setting and who may therefore have relevant skills and knowledge they wish to develop, or those who wish to commence their career in a Teaching Assistant role in a school environment. Under the guidance of others the Level 1 Teaching Assistant will:
- Promote and support pupil access to the curriculum
- Support children in their learning
- Work with pupils individually or in groups
- Model and promote positive values, attitudes and behaviour
- Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others, and to engage in classroom activities
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate
Closing date for applications is Monday 13th December 2021!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, click here to visit the TES website.