Teaching Assistant: Language & Literacy Intervention
Sheffield Park Academy are seeking to appoint a flexible, hardworking and conscientious Teaching Assistant to support their literacy and language programmes and English teaching departments. Main duties of this role will be to deliver language/literacy interventions with their Key Stage 3 and 4, ensuring that students can access the curriculum and to develop their English literature and language. This will include the ability to deliver English curriculum and ESOL to targeted groups of students, full training can be provided on this aspect if the successful candidate does not hold this existing experience. This position may suit an individual with a child-centred approach who has a passion for the psychological wellbeing of the students in their care whilst ensuring their English language and literacy skills continue to improve. They are looking for:
- Someone who has a good knowledge of literacy intervention programmes such as Read Write Inc.
- Someone with previous experience in a similar role or is a qualified Teaching Assistant.
- Someone who is experienced in working with students from diverse backgrounds including EAL.
- Someone who is a team player.
- Someone who is a role model to their students.
- Someone who is passionate in the power of education to ensure all students achieve their potential
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 29th November 2021!
For further information on the role, and how to apply, visit the Sheffield Park Academy website.