Teaching Assistant L3 (x2 posts)
Bents Green School is a school for students with autistic spectrum conditions and communication and interaction difficulties.
The Governors of Bents Green School are seeking to appoint enthusiastic, well-motivated members of staff to join our team of Teaching Assistants. Bents Green School provides a safe and nurturing environment where students are encouraged and supported to achieve their best. As a teaching assistant level 3 in this school you will be required to deliver learning to individual students and small groups of students under the direction of the teacher, and expected to use creativity and initiative to support student engagement.
The successful candidate will:
- Help students adjust to their settings, recognise signs of distress and offer reassurance, and to promote and encourage the acceptance and inclusion of all students within the classroom and school; thereby developing and reinforcing students’ self-esteem
- Have experience of working with students with complex needs and challenging behaviour, and developing positive strategies
- Encourage students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the Teacher
- Supervise and support students to ensure their safety and access to learning and facilitate students’ physical, emotional and educational development
- Establish and promote supportive and productive relationships with students: acting as a role model and being aware of, and responding appropriately to, individual needs
- Provide short term occasional cover for Teachers
- Have a good level of literacy and numeracy (eg Maths and English L2 or equivalent). NVQ L2 in Supporting Teaching and Learning Schools (or equivalent)
Closing date for applications is 14th July 2021.
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website.