Teaching Assistant L2
Springfield Primary School is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work initially in EYFS, although you may be required to work across all year groups. EYFS experience will be an advantage, as will a good knowledge of Special Educational Needs as a significant aspect of the role will be to support children with additional needs. You will join their dedicated and innovative team. You will work under the supervision and direction of a qualified teacher, but have the ability to work independently. The post holder will work alongside teachers to support the teaching and learning of the whole class, small groups and individuals. Part of your role will involve supervising children over lunchtime and may include some personal care.
The successful candidate will:
- Have NVQ/CACHE Diploma Level 2 or equivalent qualifications /experience.
- Work alongside class teachers to deliver in or out of class support to address the gaps in learning.
- Be capable of working with small groups of children
- Cover in the short-term absence of the teacher
- Be committed and highly motivated
- Develop positive working relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Support the school’s ethos
- Be enthusiastic, a team player and able to work independently using their own initiative
- Have a commitment to raise achievement and standards
- Be flexible in order to achieve the best outcomes for the children
- Be adaptable and prepared to work across the whole primary phase
In return, they offer
- Access to professional development
- A supportive Governing Board
- The opportunity to work with an experienced and committed team
- An inclusive, creative and stimulating environment
- A strong leadership team with a clear vision for the future
This is an opportunity to make a real difference to the learning and lives of children and will be a very rewarding for the right person.
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd April 2021
Interviews to be held: w/c 4th May 2021
For more information, or to apply, please visit Sheffield City Council’s website.