Teaching Assistant L2
The Sheffield Inclusion Centre is a 4 to 16 pupil referral unit serving children and young people that are permanently excluded from mainstream education. They provide a dynamic and supportive environment with the aim of enabling our students to re-engage successfully with learning so that they might thrive in the future.
Applicants will ideally meet the following criteria, however full training be given
- Ambitious & resilient
- Engage with young people to support in learning & social development
- Experience of working with young people who have social, emotional & behavioural difficulties
- Previous experience as a Teaching Assistant
It is an exciting time to join them as they reshape their service to better suit the needs of the city’s children and young people. The successful applicant will join the teaching assistant team.
Main responsibilities include:
- To support learning over all phases of the school, ages 5 to 16
- To provide supervision and activities at social times
- To support young people
- To be a visible and supportive presence in school
- To liaise with home, school and external agencies to support young people in centre
- Support induction and reintegration of young people to and from the school
In turn, they can offer their commitment to your professional development and the opportunity to make a very real difference to the lives of their children.
Visit Sheffield City Council’s website for more information.