Teaching Assistant (Deaf/Hearing Impairment)
Starting 1 September 2021.
- Are you looking to develop your skills in a Specialist Support role?
- Are you skilled at overcoming barriers?
- Are you committed to enabling deaf children and young people to meet their best outcomes?
Rotherham Hearing Impairment Team are looking to appoint a dedicated enthusiastic, and experienced Support Worker to join our well-established committed team.
The Team works across the borough within the home, pre-school, school, resource base and college settings supporting the educational, social and emotional needs of deaf/hearing Impaired children and young people.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Support Worker with:
- Excellent communication skills and team working skills
- A Support Worker who has experience in working with deaf/hearing impaired children and/or has supported children with Special Needs
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- British Sign Language qualifications (at least level 1 BSL) with a commitment to continue developing signing skills.
- Plenty of enthusiasm and a creative outlook who thinks of different ways to overcome potential barriers to learning/communication.
The post would be supporting deaf pupils supported by the Primary Resource Provision who are on roll at Bramley Grange Primary School (with a view to developing working across different schools and settings in Rotherham).
Closing date for applications is 8th July 2021.
For more information visit the Rotherham Council website.