Required for September 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Sir Thomas Wharton Academy (Tait Avenue, Edlington, Doncaster, DN12 1HH) for an inspirational and talented Teaching Assistant to work with an experienced and highly motivated team of professionals.
They are seeking to appoint an outstanding Teaching Assistant who will join and further reinforce our growing Inclusion and SEND provision team. They are looking for the right candidate who will possess the key knowledge, attributes and skills to motivate and enthuse the students at Sir Thomas Wharton Academy to invest in their learning and to make the right choices.
This is an excellent opportunity for a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and committed professional to work closely across Key Stage 3 & 4 with students who may have specific learning needs or challenges with their social, emotional and mental health and/or engagement issues. The colleague appointed will provide general classroom and pastoral support for various curriculum programmes and guide students via interventions to overcome barriers to learning in order for them to achieve their full potential. We are looking to appoint a person with the right skills, personal qualities and attributes to support and inspire engagement in learning.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be committed to the Sir Thomas Wharton Academy vision.
- Have experience of working with students exhibiting challenging behaviours.
- Have the ability to engage, inspire and build excellent relationships with both students and staff.
- Be a team player and work closely with other professionals and implement effective strategies to ensure systems and processes are rigorously adhered to.
- Be well organised and pay attention to detail.
Closing date for applications is 9am, 12th July 2021.
For more information visit the Rotherham Council website.