Due to the retirement of a member of staff we require a teaching assistant to work every afternoon 11 ¼ hours a week, to start as soon as possible/September.
White Woods Primary Academy Trust was established in September 2013 by three self-converting primary schools and has grown rapidly over the past six years. There are now 13 schools in our Trust, all within the borough of Rotherham.
The Trust was founded on, and is guided by, a strong ethos centred on improving the life chances of all children regardless of background or ability. At the very forefront of our drive for improved educational standards is developing highly effective teaching and learning to develop a culture of high challenge, strong collaboration and unrelenting curiosity.
Wickersley Northfield Primary School is a two form entry primary school which has an Ofsted rating of ‘Good’. We have hard-working, creative and curious staff, who are committed to provide a 21st century education for all our pupils, and as such we support opportunities for their professional growth. We are looking to appoint a caring, well-qualified, experienced, enthusiastic and proactive people to join our team. The successful applicants must have high expectations for pupils’ educational, social and emotional development and be committed ‘to go that extra mile’ to support us to drive school improvements to benefit all our children. The specific key stage/year group to be determined on the skill set and experience of the successful candidate, although annually and within the year if necessary, our SLT and SENCO will monitor and assess the needs of individual children and class dynamics to best place the skill set of all our staff
We are seeking to appoint:-
- An excellent practitioner who is competent in literacy and numeracy and holds relevant teaching assistant qualifications.
- Has experience of working within a school setting and ideally with pupils who have special educational needs.
- Is able to work as part of a team in a lively learning environment.
Duties will include:-
- Enhancing learning in the class, with small groups and on a one-to-one basis.
- Delivering interventions outside of the classroom.
- Supporting the children’s social and emotional well being.
- Keeping up-to-date records as required.
Closing date for applications is 8th June 2021
For more information visit the Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council website