Student Welfare Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Sir Thomas Wharton Academy (Tait Avenue, Edlington, Doncaster, DN12 1HH) for an inspirational and talented Student Welfare Manager to work with an experienced and highly motivated team of professionals.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an environment where students’ behaviour is a high priority. The Academy has a relentless drive and determination to ensure the best possible education is provided for all students. We are looking to appoint a person with the right skills, personal qualities and attributes to support and inspire engagement in learning.
The Student Welfare Manager will provide high quality pastoral care, support and guidance for students by identifying and removing barriers to learning and promoting health and wellbeing to secure positive progression routes. They will liaise with staff, parents/carers and multi-agencies to ensure that students develop the necessary emotional, social and physical resilience to engage successfully with learning
This post would provide an excellent development opportunity for candidates who feel they have the potential to teach or support young people in learning in the future.
Sir Thomas Wharton Academy already has a strong team of professionals delivering high quality learning in and out of the classroom who work together to achieve our Academy vision ‘to deliver exceptional learning experiences that enable all young people to thrive in a competitive world and lead successful and fulfilling lives’. If you feel you would like to be a part of that team and could make a valuable contribution to driving standards and performance to the next level, we would like to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be committed to the Sir Thomas Wharton Academy vision.
- Have experience of working with students exhibiting challenging behaviours.
- Have the ability to engage, inspire and build excellent relationships with both students and staff.
- Be a team player and work closely with other professionals in the pastoral team to develop and implement effective strategies to ensure systems and processes are rigorously adhered to.
- Be committed to raising standards for all students.
- Be well organised and pay attention to detail.
Closing date for applications is 9am, 14th June 2021
For more information visit the Sir Thomas Wharton Academy website