Sharrow School: Nursery L2 Teaching Assistant (Part-time)
Sharrow School have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, caring Early Years Teaching Assistant to join their team. You will be required to support children in the large nursery class over the lunchtime period. Main Duties include:
- Supporting pupils before, during and after the mid-day meal, promoting healthy eating, effective tool use and encouraging independence.
- Engaging pupils in play activities and providing appropriate care and supervision to ensure their safety
- Establishing a nurturing relationship with pupils and interacting with them according to their individual needs
- Promoting the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Using effective strategies to support children with special education needs and children with language needs
- Contributing to the learning environment by setting up appropriate activities.
- Assisting with clearing and washing down tables after the mid-day meal
- Creating a happy and welcoming atmosphere
- Communicating with parents and developing strong, positive relationships with them
- Providing first aid and toileting support when required
Closing date for applications is the 1st December 2021!
For more information, and access to the job description, visit the Sheffield City Council website