Senior Teaching Assistant Level 3 (SEN – SEMH)
Cascade Multi Academy Trust is seeking a Senior Teaching Assistant to join the Trust, the successful person will initially be based at Beck Primary School.
The role is based at Beck Primary School which has an experienced, inspirational and forward-thinking senior leadership team. Beck is an exciting place to work. The children are keen to learn and behave well. We offer opportunity for rapid career development within a supportive team
The Post: As part of our recovery plan following the periods of lockdown, we are looking to recruit a Senior Teaching Assistant who has experience of working with children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH). The successful candidate will work with our established SEN and pastoral teams to support children in a nurturing and caring environment to develop their self-regulation and boost their self-esteem. This will be achieved through small-group and 1:1 interventions in our garden, group spaces and practical room.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to undertake specialist teaching on a 1:1 and small group basis
- Have experience of a range of interventions and approaches that support children to develop self-regulation strategies and boost self-esteem
- Be a motivational communicator for children of all abilities ensuring learning is engaging and inclusive
- Be able to work effectively within the team to ensure there are high quality and effective learning opportunities for all children.
- Be expected to work closely with our multi-disciplinary teams
- Have previous experience of working within an inclusive team
- Work closely within the school team and contribute to the school community
- Have a passion for working with pupils with a variety of needs and the inclusion agenda to ensure that all can access learning and make good progress
- Have a commitment to an integrated, therapeutic approach and ethos
- Have experience of working with children in outdoor and natural environments, such as through Forest Schools
- Be very flexible and adapt quickly to change
Closing date for applications is 4pm, 11th June 2021
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website