Senior Teaching Assistant – Level 3
Netherthorpe Primary School is a one form entry school not far from the centre of Sheffield. Our children are happy and extremely eager to learn. Our children often join us with little or no English and make very good progress from their starting point.
They are looking to appoint a Temporary Teaching Assistant who is able to support the development of pupils in Key Stage 1 and work as part of a team under the direction of the class teacher.
Duties will include running specific programmes and activities to assist pupil’s individual learning and social needs.
The successful candidate will :
- Have a good understanding of the Keystage 1 curriculum and expectations.
- Good understanding of Phonics.
- Believe in giving every child the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
- Forge positive relationships with pupils, parents and staff and enjoy working as part of a whole-school team.
- Have good organisational and communication skills both orally and written.
- Knowledge of Makaton and Cued articulation desirable.
- Make a positive contribution to our school team.
- Provide learning support in class or in withdrawal situations, either 1:1 or small groups.
- Experience working with children with additional needs is desirable.
- Make or modify resources as suggested and advised by the class teacher.
- Be involved in the planning and preparation of the day to day class activities.
- Support pupils in the playground and encouraging interactive play.
- Motivate and encourage pupils to have a go at activities they may be unsure of and to encourage independence.
- Provide positive reinforcements and praise.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom provision and give every child the opportunity to fulfil their full potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and work closely with staff to provide positive learning experiences for our pupils.
Closing date for applications is 10.00am, 28th June 2021.
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website.