Senior Science Technician
The Science faculty at Wath Academy are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Senior Science Technician, to provide high-quality support for the department with a focus on provision for practical lessons, demonstrations, and assessments. The post-holder will lead the Science Technician team, ensuring a positive work environment is maintained, managing the team’s workload as required, and ensuring all practical requirements are met. The post-holder will provide technical support to teaching staff, advise on practical aspects of the syllabus up to and including A-Level, and provide support to student teachers during lessons on some occasions. The post-holder will be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills and will have previous experience of working in a laboratory or preparatory room within a school or industry setting. A good understanding of Health and Safety regulations relating to science education is essential.
The successful candidate will:
- be fully aligned to their vision and key drivers;
- have a true growth mindset and solid work ethic;
- be 100% committed in supporting the Academy to uphold the highest expectations;
- work proactively with other colleagues and leaders;
- have the ability to engage, inspire and build excellent relationships with staff and students;
- possess excellent organisational skills;
- possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- have the knowledge and experience of the context in which Wath Academy operates.
- be able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
Closing date for applications is the 10th December 2021!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, click here to visit the TES website!