Senior ICT Technician
Due to the recent growth of our multi-academy trust, Aston Community Education Trust are seeking to appoint a Senior ICT Technician, who will provide full support in all aspects of ICT provision across all academies. The post-holders will assist the Network Manager in designing and implementing innovative IT systems/processes whilst ensuring full network capability is maintained at all times. The Senior IT Technician will also contribute to a team of ICT technicians providing technical support for the use of all ICT hardware, software and systems across a variety of platforms and operating systems across the trust.
The post-holder will be based at Shirebrook Academy, and will be required to travel to the other academies within the trust to ensure an efficient and effective service is provided in all ACET locations by the ICT team.
The successful candidates will:
- Have a sound knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server operating systems including Windows Server, SCCM, SCOM and SQL
- Have a sound knowledge of Network architecture including wireless
- Have a good working knowledge of Virtual Server environments
- Have a working knowledge of IP based telephony systems.
- Have a working knowledge of SAN and WAN technologies including security devices such as firewalls and web filtering systems
- Have experience of working with either disk based or cloud based backup systems
- Be able to work independently and with initiative
- Be conscientious, honest and reliable
- Be well-motivated and flexible
- Have a can-do approach
- Have good communication skills
- Have a professional manner and plenty of common sense
This post is primarily suited to those already in a senior technical role either in an Education or commercial environment.
Closing date for applications is 9.00am, 28th June 2021.
For more information visit the Aston Academy website.