Senior Building supervisor
Southey Green is a large three form entry primary school with two nurseries in north Sheffield (Group Size 4, NOR: 736). Following the OFSTED inspection in March 2016 Southey Green is proud to say that it is a ‘GOOD’ school.
The school is at the heart of its community and in January 2013 became a member of Tapton School Academy Trust. Tapton is an ‘Outstanding’ secondary school in Sheffield and the Academy Trust is rapidly establishing itself within the city.
Membership of the Academy Trust provides a range of opportunities for partnership working and continuing professional development with an outstanding secondary school and a network of primary schools within the locality. We are all working together to establish really effective practice for the benefit of every child.
As the Building Supervisor for the site you will be responsible for the upkeep of the building and the site wide Health & Safety. This is a varied and exciting opportunity which is incredibly rewarding working in a large Primary School but also supporting other Primary Schools within the Trust.
You will need to:
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Be an excellent communicator
- Have experience of line managing teams effectively
- Work on your own initiative
- Be able to resolve complex issues efficiently and effectively
- Have a broad knowledge of DIY / Repairs and maintenance
- Have good knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Have an excellent work ethic, be a strong team worker and work well under pressure
- Be flexible in your working patterns and willing to go the extra mile to ensure the site is maintained to the best possible standard
- Have strong Health & Safety experience and qualifications to match
- A background within construction of Facilities Management industries would be desirable
Closing date for applications is 4pm, 25th June 2021.
For more information visit the TES website.