Senior Behaviour Coordinator
King Edward VII School is a thriving, over-subscribed School, with a diverse intake. It is a stimulating place in which to work, offering many opportunities to students and staff alike. The school enjoys an excellent reputation and sees the calibre of its staff as a key strength. King Edward VII School has two sites within the S10 area, approximately 1.5 miles apart. The successful candidate will be required to work at both sites.
King Edward VII School have an exciting opportunity for a strongly-motivated person with experience of working with a broad spectrum of young people to play an important, varied role in this successful and ambitious School.
You will take a lead role working closely with the Assistant Headteacher to lead manage and develop effective behaviour strategies. You will devise and implement programmes to help students to overcome barriers to learning thereby enabling them to achieve their full learning and social skills potential, particularly with students requiring extra and extended support.
You will be involved in:
• organising the daily routines of pastoral teams,
• liaising with parents, teaching and other support staff and external agencies
• supervising students around School
• encouraging full participation in School life and extending opportunities for students
• ensuring the highest standards of behaviour at all times
• you will spend some time staffing the isolation room and as part of the on-call team
• providing targeted support to individuals or groups
You will be an important person in the lives of the students and command their respect. You will know how to be very firm when required and fair at all times. You will want them all to succeed.
The applicant should:
• enjoy working with a wide range of young people and adults in a busy learning environment
• have excellent organisational skills and be reliable, efficient, flexible and adaptable
• have strong literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
• have knowledge and understanding of young people from varied backgrounds and communities
• have relevant experience of successfully supporting the learning of young people
• have relevant of successfully managing and supporting students to maintain high standards of behaviour
• have a good knowledge and strong evidence base to lead on behaviour management
• want to make a real contribution to the life of this School
• be educated to at least Level 3 (A Level/NVQ 3 or equivalent) qualifications or experience
Closing date for applications is 24th November 2022
For more information, please visit the King Edward VII School website.