SEND Teaching Assistant – Level 2
The governors of Hillsborough Primary School are seeking to appoint a SEND Level 2 Teaching Assistant to work throughout school with children from aged 3 – 11 as part of the Inclusion Team. We are looking for someone who has had experience of or has an interest in working with SEND pupils, supporting individuals and groups of pupils to access mainstream education. Experience of working with children with Autism would be desired.
Hillsborough Primary school is a Member of Tapton School Academy Trust. The Trust have a shared vision to ‘realise the life chances and dreams of every child’. Our mission is to provide a safe place to be, provide great teaching and learning and create an environment where all opportunities are within reach. Membership provides a range of opportunities for collaborative working and continuing professional development with a network of secondary and primary schools within the locality.
You will need to have:
- Excellent inclusive practice
- Evidence of working successfully with vulnerable children and those with complex needs
- Experience of working with SEND children
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills as evidenced by at least GCSE or equivalent Level C standard in these subjects, having at least an NVQ Level 2 (a Teaching Assistant equivalent qualification is desirable)
- Supported the educational, social, emotional or mental well-being of children in a former capacity.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to also be able to demonstrate a high level of personal organisation.
- Evidence of reflective practice
- Knowledge and understanding of child development
- Experience of working within a school setting.
Closing date for applications is Midnight 14th June 2021
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website