School Sports Development Officer & School Sports Coach
Fixed term contract- 1 September 2021 to 31 August 2022
The Arches School Sport Partnership, based at Forge Valley School in Sheffield, work with over 45 Schools in the north of the city to develop Physical Education, Physical Activity and School Sport for over 18,000 children. The Arches School Sport Partnership deliver a wide range of programmes to develop schools in line with the School Games and the Primary Sports Premium Funding through teacher training, school sports coaching, competition and events.
- Work in partnership with a number of schools to develop projects and programmes to engage pupils and students in physical activity and sport.
- To deliver small, local level competitions and sports festivals to a number of schools across the School Sport Partnership.
- To work alongside Primary School Teaching Staff, to upskill them in delivering high quality PE lessons within their school.
- To deliver a range of sports clubs as an extension of the PE curriculum across a range of schools and age groups
- To develop a specific number of schools and support the coordination of PE, Physical Activity and sport for those specific schools.
- To deliver a wide range of club sessions in schools, looking at active lunchtimes as well as after school provision in a number of different sports/ activities.
- To work with a number of partners across the city to facilitate opportunities for PE, School Sport & Physical Activity for children and young people
- Candidates should have a minimum Level 2 coaching qualification in at least one sport (preferably a wide range of qualifications).
- Candidates should have a full UK driving licence and access to their own vehicle as travel between schools is essential.
- Candidates should desirably have a minimum of a 2:1 in a relevant university degree.
- Candidates should be able to work well as part of a team but must also be able to work to develop their own projects and initiatives.
- Candidates should have experience of delivering to school age children, ideally in a number of different environments.
- Candidates should have a knowledge of the current landscape of school sport and Physical Education.
- Candidates would be expected to have a knowledge around Safeguarding procedures linked with young people, and preferably within an educational setting
Closing date for applications is 30th July 2021.
For more information visit the TES website.