School Cook-Team Leader
The Grange Trust have an exciting opportunity for a School Cook Supervisor at a busy school in Bramley, Rotherham to commence as soon as possible. The role prepares fresh food in accordance with Coombs Catering standards, ensuring a quality food service is provided at all times.
You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the kitchen, Monitoring and recording meal number & catering sales, training, cleaning, kitchen duties, completing stock takes and working within budget. Ensuring health and safety procedures are carried out and promoting the catering facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing a quality food offering from start with an emphasis on freshly produce dishes.
- Serving the daily delivered meal offer within the portion guidelines,
- Meeting quality standards, ensuring that the food offer meets all due diligence and is attractive and tasty.
- Managing onsite kitchen & server area cleanliness, ensuring all storage areas are maintained to a clean & tidy standard and ensuring the food stock and supply items are stored correctly.
- To ensure all daily bookwork and due diligence records are kept up to date and to the required standards.
- Managing the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of food allergies. Understanding of food hygiene, Hold a level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate. Health and safety, level 2 minimum. Experience of working in the catering industry. It is essential for candidates to be able to cook to a high standard. It would be beneficial for candidates to have previous budgetary experience and responsibility.
Previous chef management experience and proved track record regarding the above.
Must be reliable and customer focused.
Closing date for applications is 23rd July 2021.
For more information visit the Rotherham Council website.