Mercia Learning Trust have an exciting opportunity for a receptionist to join the team to provide a comprehensive front of house support service for our Newfield school. This is an important position in their school and to be successful in this role you must be able to communicate effectively, work under pressure and maintain positive relationships with all members of the school community. You will also have the ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities and demands of the school whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy, manage sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality. The position is varied and will include:
- Welcoming all visitors to the building
- Taking all incoming calls to the school – directing callers to the right person, taking messages and screening calls, prioritising as needed and ensuring all messages are emailed to the right person promptly
- Liaising with other stakeholders including other schools, external agencies, parents and members of the public
- Dealing with incoming and outcoming post daily including parcel delivery
- Maintaining a tidy and effective reception area
- Daily use of SIMS database
Previous experience of managing a busy reception is essential. Experience within a school setting and knowledge of SIMS would be advantageous but not essential. The successful candidate will need to understand the importance and significance of safeguarding and confidentiality and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Closing date for applications is Monday 21st February 2022!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, visit the Mercia Learning trust website.