Pupil Support Assistant
Mansel Primary – Steel City Schools Partnership – are looking to recruit a skilled and inspirational practitioner to complement the pastoral team currently in place.
Mansel Primary is a positive, welcoming and creative two form entry academy, believing that children learn best in an exciting and stimulating environment that is positive, supportive and structured. Mansel is committed to build on these excellent qualities to deliver outstanding education for all our children in their community. Mansel was inspected in January 2017 and was found to be “Good”. The Trustees of Steel City Schools Partnership are looking to recruit a full-time Pupil Support Assistant to start as soon as possible.
- To provide support in addressing the needs of pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning
- To help children engage in purposeful activities at break times
- To support children and families to improve attendance and punctuality
- To work as part of a successful pastoral team within school and across the Trust
- Very good literacy/numeracy skills
- Relevant experience
The successful applicant must have the ability to work as an effective team member, be well organised, and have the ability to communicate with children and adults in a constructive and effective way. They are looking for individuals who are lively and enthusiastic and who have the following philosophy:
- Committed to excellence within their work in school and across the partnership
- Committed to child centred education
Closing date for applications is the 14th October at 5:00pm!
For further information on the role, visit the Sheffield City Council Website.