Professional Clerk to the MAT Board and PA to the Chief Executive
LEAP a values-led, forward-thinking Multi Academy Trust, are seeking to appoint an exceptional individual to join our team. LEAP comprises three large 11-18 schools in South Yorkshire / Derbyshire area, each of which enjoys good relationships with its local community stakeholders.
Under the direction of the Chief Executive, the successful applicant will assist the Trust with their responsibilities in relation to governance ensuring compliance in all areas. This will involve close working with Trustees and Local Governing Bodies. Therefore, expertise in compliance within the Multi Academy Trust sector and a comprehensive knowledge of the Governance handbook will be an expectation of the successful applicant. They will also provide the Chief Executive with an efficient and responsive admin support service.
The role involves a high level of confidentiality and the ability to remain impartial. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential as is the proven experience of dealing appropriately with a wide range of stakeholders. The ability to prioritise effectively, to manage the diary commitments of the Chief Executive and to maintain regular communication with Trustees are all central features of the role, which will require flexible working patterns in order to cover evening meetings.
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Using knowledge of the law to provide support and advice to the Trust on governance legislation and procedural matters to ensure compliance.
- Providing an efficient clerking service for the Trust.
- Working to deadlines – preparing and distributing agendas and supporting papers within statutory time frames.
- Managing the day to day organisation of the Chief Executive’s office to support the effective running of the Trust.
- Developing excellent administrative practices to support the smooth operation of the Trust.
This post presents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to build a successful career within a positive working environment, making a difference to the lives of young people across a range of local communities.
Closing date for applications is 9.00am, 28th June 2021.
For more information visit the LEAP Multi Academy Trust website.