Pastoral Support Assistant
The Governors of St Thomas More Catholic Primary wish to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and flexible person to provide support in addressing the needs of pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning. The post is permanent starting 1 December 2022 or earlier. The hours of work are 12pm to 4pm Monday to Friday.
They are looking for someone who can work in partnership with staff, both under instruction and on their own initiative. The successful applicant will support the school in creating a positive climate for all children as well as supporting children’s personal, social, emotional and academic development. The post will also include supporting lunchtimes in school. The successful candidate will
- Be supportive of the Catholic Ethos
- Have excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Have experience of working with children across the primary phase including working with/supporting children with social/emotional/mental health needs
- Have excellent literacy and numeracy and ICT skills
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be highly motivated and hard working
- Be able to form positive relationships with children and adults
- Have the ability to support pupil learning and be committed to raising achievement
- Be able to work as part of a team
Closing date for applications is 18th October 2022.
For more information please visit the Sheffield City Council website.