Pastoral Manager – Post 16
King Edward VII School are looking to employ a Post-16 Pastoral Manager. The successful candidate will take a lead role in the development and management of student behaviour strategies and will support them to overcome barriers to learning thereby enabling them to achieve their full learning and social skills potential, particularly with students requiring extra and extended support. You will be involved in:
- organising the daily routines of students, ensuring their readiness to learn
- promoting excellent attendance
- liaising with parents, teaching and other support staff and external agencies
- supervising students around School
- encouraging full participation in School life and extending opportunities for students
- ensuring the highest standards of behaviour at all times
- providing targeted support to individuals or groups
The applicant should:
- enjoy working with a wide range of young people and adults in a busy learning environment
- have excellent organisational skills and be reliable, efficient, flexible and adaptable
- have strong literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- have knowledge and understanding of young people from varied backgrounds and communities
- have relevant experience of successfully supporting the learning of young people
- want to make a real contribution to the life of this School
- be educated to at least Level 3 (A Level/NVQ 3 or equivalent) qualifications or experience
Applicants must have a good working knowledge of the whole suite of Microsoft Office software and be comfortable using Word and Excel extensively. KES use SIMS as their main management information software and whilst familiarity with this piece of software is not essential the successful candidate must be able to learn quickly as they will use this central source of management information on a daily basis.
Closing date for applications is 15th November 2021, at 12 Noon!
For more information on the role, visit the King Edward VII School website.