Pastoral Manager – Behaviour
REQUIRED TO START 1ST SEPTEMBER 2021
King Edward VII School is a thriving, over-subscribed School, with a diverse intake. It is a stimulating place in which to work, offering many opportunities to students and staff alike. The School enjoys an excellent reputation and sees the calibre of its staff as a key strength. King Edward VII School has two sites within the S10 area, approximately 1.5 miles apart. The successful candidate will be required to work at both sites. At King Edward VII School we offer an excellent benefits package, including a pension, a cycle to work scheme, eye test vouchers and cash plan including therapy benefits. We also offer a full employee assistance programme (EAP) along with access to 24/7 virtual GP surgery.
They have an exciting opportunity for a strongly-motivated person with experience of working with a broad spectrum of young people to play an important, varied role in this successful and ambitious School.
You will take a lead role in the development and management of student behaviour strategies and will support them to overcome barriers to learning thereby enabling them to achieve their full learning and social skills potential, particularly with students requiring extra and extended support.
You will be involved in:
- organising the daily routines of students, ensuring their readiness to learn
- promoting excellent attendance
- liaising with parents, teaching and other support staff and external agencies
- supervising students around School
- encouraging full participation in School life and extending opportunities for students
- ensuring the highest standards of behaviour at all times
- providing targeted support to individuals or groups
You will be an important person in the lives of our students and command their respect. You will know how to be very firm when required and fair at all times. You will want them all to succeed.
The applicant should:
- enjoy working with a wide range of young people and adults in a busy learning environment
- have excellent organisational skills and be reliable, efficient, flexible and adaptable
- have strong literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- have knowledge and understanding of young people from varied backgrounds and communities
- have relevant experience of successfully supporting the learning of young people
- want to make a real contribution to the life of this School
- be educated to at least Level 3 (A Level/NVQ 3 or equivalent) qualifications or experience
Applicants must have a good working knowledge of the whole suite of Microsoft Office software and be comfortable using Word and Excel extensively. We use SIMS as our main management information software and whilst familiarity with this piece of software is not essential the successful candidate must be able to learn quickly as they will use this central source of management information on a daily basis.
Closing date for applications is Midday, 8th July 2021.
For more information visit the King Edward VII School website.