King Edward VII School have an exciting opportunity for a strongly-motivated person with experience of working with a broad spectrum of young people to play an important, varied role in this successful and ambitious School. You will take a lead role in the development and management of student behaviour strategies and will support them to overcome barriers to learning thereby enabling them to achieve their full learning and social skills potential, particularly with students requiring extra and extended support. You will be involved in:
organising the daily routines of students, ensuring their readiness to learn
promoting excellent attendance
liaising with parents, teaching and other support staff and external agencies
supervising students around School
encouraging full participation in School life and extending opportunities for students
ensuring the highest standards of behaviour at all times
providing targeted support to individuals or groups
The applicant should:
- enjoy working with a wide range of young people and adults in a busy learning environment
- have excellent organisational skills and be reliable, efficient, flexible and adaptable
- have strong literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- have knowledge and understanding of young people from varied backgrounds and communities
- have relevant experience of successfully supporting the learning of young people
- want to make a real contribution to the life of this School
- be educated to at least Level 3 (A Level/NVQ 3 or equivalent) qualifications or experience
Applicants must have a good working knowledge of the whole suite of Microsoft Office software and be comfortable using Word and Excel extensively. They use SIMS as their main management information software and whilst familiarity with this piece of software is not essential the successful candidate must be able to learn quickly as they will use this central source of management information on a daily basis.
For more information on the role, and how to apply, click here to visit the King Edward VII School website!
Closing date for applications is the 16th of September 2022, 12 Noon!