NURSERY L1 TEACHING ASSISTANT
Sharrow School have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, caring Early Years Teaching Assistant to join their team. You will be required to support children in the large nursery class over the lunchtime period. The role is part time, and the working hours are from 11:00 – 14:00, Wednesday to Friday on a term time only basis. Opportunities for overtime are possible to cover sickness / holidays. This is a fixed term contract until August 2023.
- Supporting pupils before, during and after the mid-day meal, promoting healthy eating, effective tool use and encouraging independence.
- Engaging pupils in play activities and providing appropriate care & supervision to ensure their safety
- Establish a nurturing relationship with pupils and interacting with them according to their individual needs
- Promoting the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Using effective strategies to support children with special education needs and children with language needs
- Contributing to the learning environment by setting up appropriate activities.
- Assisting with clearing and washing down tables after the mid-day meal
- Creating a happy and welcoming atmosphere
- Communicating with parents and developing strong, positive relationships with them
- Providing first aid and toileting support when required.
NVQ or other recognised qualifications are desirable but not essential as relevant experience and personal qualities will also be taken into consideration. The successful candidate should have:
- Experience working with young children
- GCSE English & Mathematics or equivalent at grade A-C
- Energy, enthusiasm and a passion for supporting pupils and their families
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Closing date for applications is 23rd November 2022.
For more information, please visit the Sheffield City Council website.