Midday Supervisor/Lunchtime Supervisor
Outwood Academy City are looking to appoint a dynamic, flexible and hard-working individual to their lunchtime supervisory team. As a Midday Supervisor you will ensure the security, safety, well-being and care of the children is maintained during the lunchtime period. You will also aim to promote the children’s social, emotional and physical development when outside the classroom. Full training will be provided to the successful candidate. As part of a growing multi-academy trust, the successful candidate will be well supported and have access to a range of high quality professional development through the Outwood Institute of Education.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure acceptable standards of behaviour are maintained during the lunchtime period;
- Earn the respect of the students by modelling outstanding behaviour, manners, speech and appearance at all times;
- Supervise students in the dining hall;
– Ensure all students remove outdoor clothing;
– Supervise students coming into the dining hall and collection of food;
– Supervise students going to the dining tables;
– Supervise students clearing trays.
- Ensure positive relationships are made with students during the lunchtime period;
- Supervise students in other areas of the site as directed;
- Supervise students’ safety in the serving area;
- Work positively with students to prevent them removing food and drink from the dining areas;
- Ensuring that the environment is clean and clear from slip hazards in the dining area;
- Cleaning and clearing tables in the dining area;
- Unload and put away chairs and tables;
- Empty bins and ensure dining areas are free of litter;
- Ensure all rubbish is taken to outside bin area;
- Intervene in student behavioural issues, using positive behaviour management strategies to bring about improvements in student behaviour;
- Support the catering staff where needed;
- Undergo appropriate training
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 4th May 2021
For information please visit Outwood’s website.